Work Environment Safety
In 2013, Apacer received certification for the OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system and established the Occupational Safety and Health Committee to practice occupational safety and health management, with a focus on the following four aspects:
- Disaster Prevention and Management
- We aim to minimize the scope of hazards by establishing safety and health management programs or risk control measures; implementing safety and health education and training plans; conducting unplanned IPQC of plant operating environment; and establishing incident-specific emergency response teams.
- Work Environment Test
- We aim to protect employee health by coordinating with qualified testing organizations to evaluate the work environment and taking immediate corrective actions for any nonconformities detected.
- Occupational Safety Control
- We aim to ensure occupational safety for employees by implementing special work control and work permit systems and conducting self-inspections according to the law, as well as by requesting employees wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while in operation.
- Health Management
- We aim to implement graded health management by arranging special health examination items for employees whose work involves the use of hazardous substances, such as ionizing radiation and organic solvents.
- We encourage employees to enrich and sharpen their professional competencies through comprehensive channels, such as internal education and training courses, job and department rotation, external license or permit training programs, and short-term training programs.
- We respect our employees' personal growth and career planning. Every year, we work with them to set personal annual development plans and KPIs.
- Our reward, punishment, and promotion system is designed based on the performance evaluation results, effectively linking performance evaluations with rewards and the development planning of each individual.
2016 Education and Training Statistics
We set pay standards based on the salary survey report provided by professional consultants to ensure competitive salaries.
Apacer employees enjoy allowances for marriage, childcare, and travel; annual health examinations; a leave policy superior to that of the Labor Standards Act; and other benefits.
We follow the Employee Grievance Handling Regulations and the Workplace Sexual Harassment Grievance and Punishment Regulations and periodically hold labor-management coordination meetings where employees are able to fully express their opinions.
At Apacer's headquarters, we maintain employee lounges and reading areas, as well as clean breastfeeding rooms, allowing employees to work in a comfortable and welcoming space.
In the employee lounge on the first floor of our headquarters, we have spinning bikes, core trainer exerciser, and foosball. In 2016, we activated the “Let's Roll” exercise project for seed coaches and other employees to lead the Wednesday“nine-minute health exercise.”We also invited aerobic star Eddie Pan to be our guest in encouraging employees to exercise healthily every day.